HOW TO THROW SAFETY & PLAY
HOW TO PLAY
Throwing axes is a bit like billiards — easy to learn, but hard to perfect. There’s also a lot of different games you can play. Our coaches know them all, and are sure to find one perfect for your group’s size and skill level. So come ready to play. We’ll keep score.
Most games are based on the point system below.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Terms of Service
- AGE LIMIT – We welcome participants as young as 13 when accompanied by a legal guardian. For everyone’s safety, kids under 13 are not permitted into our venues at any time and are likewise not permitted to throw. This includes infants and toddlers.
- REFUNDS – Your deposit is only refundable if canceled 24 hours (or more) before your event is scheduled.
- BRING CLOSED TOE SHOES – Each thrower must wear closed-to shoes while handling an axe. Closed toe shoes are available first come first serve for a $2 rental fee.
- NO AXES FOR THE HAMMERED – Please show up sober. You’re welcome to drink beer while you’re here, but don’t get drunk. If we see signs of intoxication, we’ll sit your axe down!
- No outside beverages of any kind are permitted into our venues
- BYO Food – Guests are permitted to bring food to our venues
- Each cage has 2 targets
- 10 throwers to a cage. Parties of 10 or fewer will not be split among multiple cages
- Your deposit is only refundable if canceled 24 hours (or more) before your event is scheduled.
- Reservations made within a 24 hour period will not eligible for refund
- No shows will be charged the full amount of their reservation
- Walk-outs will be charged in-full for unpaid throwers
- Any beverage/merchandise tabs left open overnight will be closed on the customer’s behalf and be charged 25% gratuity
- Reservations of 11 or more will be charged for the total number reserved even if less people arrive. (If the number of throwers is to change, please notify 48hrs in advance)
WHAT TO WEAR
Comfort, safety, and axe-throwing style should guide your outfit choice:
Your shirt shouldn’t restrict movement when you lift both hands over your head. T-shirts are ideal, but long-sleeve shirts work too, as long as they’re comfortable (and hopefully not fitted).
Safety trumps fashion here. Running shoes are perfect, and ladies, this isn’t the place for stylish heels. Absolutely no open-toe shoes or sandals are allowed.
Pants or Shorts
Choose what makes you comfortable. Both pants and shorts are welcome at Flying Axes. We understand you might be in a dress or skirt sometimes too though, just not the optimal attire.
No Loose Accessories
Scarves, loose jewelry, and other dangling accessories are potential safety hazards. Keep your outfit safe and secure!
PRIORITIZING SAFETY WITHOUT COMPROMISING FUN
Our coaches are trained extensively to create an atmosphere that is safe and fun. Yeah, you are throwing a sharp object, but we make sure everyone throws responsibly.
We implement top-notch safety measures and strict protocols, ensuring high-touch areas and equipment are regularly cleaned & sanitized. You can focus on the thrill of the throw, knowing you’re in a safe and tidy environment.
Here are the guidelines:
- Stay Behind The Throwing Line: Always stand behind the throwing line when an axe is in play.
- One at a Time: Only one person should throw at a time to keep the game safe and orderly.
- No Retrievals During Throws: Wait until it’s your turn to retrieve your axe from the target. Do not retrieve while someone else is throwing.
- No Horseplay: Axe throwing is a blast, but it’s crucial to avoid goofing around, especially when holding an axe.
- Listen to your Coach: Our coaches are here to enhance your experience and ensure safety. Following their instructions is mandatory.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We hope you found everything you needed! However, we still get lots of questions, so we are always adding to this list. We are always available via email to help out too.
Is axe throwing safe?
What is the minimum group size?
What is the max group size for events?
COME & THROW!
PLAN AN EVENT!